Hi everyone! Here’s your week at Parachute + partners (11 Oct - 17 Oct'19):submitted by abhijoysarkar to ParachuteToken [link] [comments]
The first ParJar Pilot Class is officially off to a roaring start with 5 amazing projects and their communities. Here’s to a great future. This was the perfect occasion to announce a ParJar Battle Royale for our ParJar Pilot partners. Blood will be spilled next week. Pow! ParJar now has almost 20k active users. It works in 400+ communities and has seen 400k+ transactions. Say what! Par4Par lottery entered stage 5 this week. The stakes are even higher. 250k $PAR in prizes. Dang! Reflecting on Vitalik Buterin’s observation, Cap says: “...we’ve done things in reverse here at Parachute - we grew an amazing community around exploring ideas and built our tech to meet what they needed”. What are your thoughts on buying houses for USD 1 each in an Italian town for building the Parachute village? Cap’s recommendation. Haha.
Andy’s Advent calendar. Each window is a 16.9 oz can of beer. Sweet!
We saw Tiproom become the 17th most active group on Telegram a few weeks back. Well, hold on to your pants because it is now the 12th most active group. Whoa! A big reason for the group’s constant buzz are the amazing trivias hosted by the TTR crew. This week was no different. Doc Victor’s Sunday medical trivia had 8 Qs, 3k $PAR each. This was a quiz with a twist. In Doc’s words: "..beware, in each question they will have to diagnose a case based on symptoms and signs that I will give them". Noice! Charlotte’s Tuesday Trivia had 10 questions with a 25k $PAR prize pool. Another trivia by Victor (not the Doc) had another 10 Q’s, 2500 $PAR each. Listened to the TTR theme yet? DJ Jose in da house with a rocking theme. Wicked! Congratulations to Mario for winning the pet contest in TTR. Sebastian made a compilation video of all the entries. Awww!
Let’s see if Cap’s guerrilla marketing at Burger Joint in NYC gets us a new Parachuter
Victor’s Friday trivia at aXpire was the usual 10 Q, 100 $AXPR per Q affair. And like always, super duper fun! If you missed news from Week 41 at aXpireverse, Joakim’s got your back. Check out his video to catch up. CEO Gary Markham travelled to India this week to prepare for the Bilr release. Click here to track the latest 20k $AXPR burn. Plus, a featured article by Hosting Advice was pretty cool. 2gether added Basic Attention Token ($BAT) support to the app this week. Let the $BAT spending begin! Use the invite code: paywithbat to get 100 $2GT free when you sign up for the app. Know of a startup that’s going to Malta Blockchain Summit? Let the XIO crew know since the team will be attending along with Uptrennd. Benjamin’s tutorial video on market cycles with the BOMB token as case study was riveting and full of useful info. This week’s Dash-walk-the-talk discussion revolved around getting unstuck as an entrepreneur. After taking inputs from the community 2 weeks back, the BOMB Board finalised on the team and way forward to manage the BOMB Instagram. For the latest update on the Birdchain app, click here. Congratulations to Bounty0x for crossing 2.5x of its funding goal on Republic with more than 2 months to go. Voyager is offering a 5% annual interest on ETHOS tokens held on their platform. Read more about it here. The news was also covered by SludgeFeed. Wendy O shared her usability experience of Voyager as well.
Bitcoin ATM in Alexis’ neighbourhood. Cool!
The McAfeeDex launched last week is off to a tremendous start. Bitcoin Cash’s Roger Ver spoke briefly on it in a news roundup video. 6 portals are live already. If you’re still wondering how to list your token on the Dex, here’s a simple guide from the man himself. Binance Chain support coming soon! SwitchDex is now trackable on DappRadar and State of the DApps. The team has set up a dedicated TG group for folks wanting to BUIDL on SwitchDex. Also, Callisto Network is slated to do a security audit of the McAfeeDex contracts. Great stuff! Peeps who missed the Fantom AMA with G.Crypto from 2 weeks back, can catch up from the transcript released this week. The latest technical update is detailed and covers all major changes in code. Uptrennd started a new video intro contest for a 2500 $1UP prize pool. Woot! Full transcript of Jeff’s interview with OmiseGo CTO Kasima from few weeks back was released this week. $1UP can now be spent in tons of retail chains thanks to a newly forged partnership with MobiePay. Last week we saw Jarau buy a laptop with his Uptrennd earnings. This week we learnt about Zubair buying a mobile phone with his $1UP earnings. Neat! The latest biweekly Dev update and weekly District update from Ditrict0x covers news such as Ethlance redesign, Meme factory NSFW filter etc.
Uptrennd continues to breach new heights on Alexa rankings every week
OST has set up a community slack to coordinate all Pepo related feedback received for the Pepo app. So join in if you want to help out! Did you know that Pepo is home to some of the most influential people in crypto? This week, we heard from Ethereum and Coinbase investor Bobby Goodlatte. The app crossed 20k P2P transactions and is now live in both app stores. The first such with micro-transactions, in-app purchases and cash-out options for crypto. Few weeks back, the Sentivate community chose to burn tokens (vs a raffle). This week, they voted on how many to burn. The $SNTVT crew sat down for a live Q&A with Bit Shaman this week. The team also wrote about possible future use-cases of the Universal Web with short story threads. Cryptoreview.xyz’s review of the project also came out this week. Constellation announced that it is joining Chainlink as a new node operator in order to stream enterprise data to Chainlink’s smart contracts. Click here for the PR release. The technical overview paper gets into details of what the partnership means for both companies. Bags Token hosted an AMA this week in their Telegram group. Hope you had an opportunity to get your doubts cleared. Community member Con built a $BAGS-centric image/gif board called bagsbook. Check it out! In a bit of a sobering news, Scroll (XD Token) ceased business operations this week.
Constellation will act as an oracle for Chainlink by streaming verified data to the network
Pynk was featured in the latest edition of the BlockMAG published by the Malta Blockchain Summit. COO Rupert Barksfield was invited by NatWest to speak on how to get traction for tech projects. Rupert’s interview by Ayo News where he explains how AI and crowd wisdom works in tandem at Pynk came out as well. Pynk Tank is Pynk's very own think tank intiative which hosts meet ups, panel discussions, podcasts with entrepreneurs, thought leaders etc. Their latest event was this week. Folks who are yet to figure out what Pynk does can read co-founder Zack Yurtsever’s article that explains it all. Following up on the Hydro Vault sneak peek from last week, check out its detailed update on the dev front. How can the Hydro platform be used to get acceleration for your fintech product? Click here to read how. Co-Founder Mike Kane travelled to the AWS Loft in NYC for the Shearman & Sterling Empire Startups Demo Day event to showcase Hydro’s fintech solutions. $HYDRO got listed on the Coinone exchange. This will be $HYDRO's first IDR fiat on-ramp. With bZx joining the Hydro dApp store this week, it now has an impressive line up of partners. Thanks to the massive community push, $HYDRO will be listed on Atomic Wallet in its next release. For a quick summary of the latest news from Hydroverse, click here. Most of these have already been covered in our updates. Silent Notary conducted the first ever speedtest of its IDL network. The team published the results and steps to optimise the code. In its current state, the network is able to execute 5-12 transactions per second. The first version of the SelfKey Corporate Wallet was launched this week. The corporate wallet will allow you to purchase digital services for your business in the future. Plus, a partnership with ChangeNOW allows easy crypto swapping from the marketplace.
And with that, we close for another week in the Parachuteverse. See you soon with another update. Cheers!
Let me get started by stating I am no way involved with the COSS team. I simply am a COSS holder who wants to share this coin with others. Please note, I am writing this without an opinion and just stating facts (I will include a portion below with my opinions and an explanation of my thought process). Everything I say can be double checked with some DD and if I have time, I will come back and link said facts!
What is COSS?
What does COSS do?
- coss.io stands for Crypto One Stop Solution. Essentially, COSS is doing a lot. From their own exchange, to their own markets, a payment gateway for businesses to accept crypto as payments, and even more planned on their roadmap, COSS has a lot on their plate. The ICO ended a few days ago at a rate of 1 ETH for 6000 COSS making the price about 5 cents a COSS.
What is the payout formula?
- Well as an exchange (no its not decentralized), COSS charges fees for trading. COSS also charges fees for their marketplace or using their payment gateway plug-ins. 50% of the total revenue they obtain is distributed to the COSS tokens weekly. The way it works is that the crypto that was received in revenue as a fee is what is distributed. Example: If the total trading volume on the exchange is 100,000,000 for the week and Ether was 20% of that volume and BitCoin was the other 80%, the payout will be 80% in bitcoin and 20% in ether.
When are payouts?
- [(Daily Trading Volume) x 7 x 0.002 x 0.5]/93 mil = payout per coin. Multiply this by how many COSS you hold for the value of your payout, but remember the payout will be in a plethora of coins that are traded on COSS!
How do you receive payouts?
- Payouts occur EVERY Sunday (weekly), with the first payout to be this Sunday (October 8th). I am not sure what time of day this will occur.
What is the total supply?
- The simplest way to receive payouts is by holding COSS tokens in your COSS wallet on coss.io
- You can receive the payout if you hold COSS on MEW, but it requires additional steps in order to have those coins be a part of the payout. If you use MEW you need to do a bit of configuration. Use this tutorial: https://coss.io/coss-token-revenue-share-tutorial
What is the current marketcap?
- Currently, the circulating supply is 93 million. 80 million of this 93 million are token holders, 10 million is set aside such that the revenue generated by these 10 million tokens goes to charity, and the last 3 million are used by the team to payout bounties and such. (Coinmarketcap has yet to be updated, request has already been sent in)
Where can I buy COSS?
- At a rough price of 15 cents per coin, the marketcap for COSS is around 14 million
- At the moment, COSS is being traded on coss.io, etherdelta, and HitBTC
1) COSS, based on numbers, is simply undervalued. For a token that already has an existing functional product, its marketcap is well below what it should be. Trading volume has also increased significantly in the past few days! Imagine receiving profits from an exchange like Bittrex or Binance I urge you to browse their website and look at everything for yourself to make your own judgement!
2) There is a lot of work to be done on the exchange, but it is just getting started and is still in Beta. Good things take time. I remember when Binance first began and the struggles it went through, and look at it now. I have faith COSS can do that same. Currently, the things I believe that need to be fixed are exchange UI upgrades to make them more appealing to the eye and deposit/withdrawal times.
3) There is a lot of concern about COSS being a scam due to the team's association with VRS. I definitely had to look into this and found that Rune, on of the founders, addressed this concern. For me it was a satifactory explantion stating that VRS was not a scam, but a failed project. Please read bullet 4 to get the link to the full statement and other FAQ's
4) There are tons of FAQ's and known issues that are being asked about COSS. These two links pretty much cover them all at the moment. Each link has some different information, so please read both!
FAQ - 1 https://www.reddit.com/COSS/comments/74pw7h/all_info_to_clear_up_confusion/?st=j8gjl9jz&sh=b777583e
FAQ - 2 https://www.reddit.com/COSS/comments/7471mv/fqa_for_coss/?st=j8gawdbq&sh=d4cf9518
If you would like to register for COSS, please use the link below!
If you would like to join the Slack, please use the link below!
Bitcoin Qt User Guide To install Bitcoin-Qt, simply download and install Bitcoin Core (Bitcoin-Qt). On first launch of Bitcoin-Qt, it may takes days for this Bitcoin client to do the initial sync the full blockchain, block by block, with the network to your local drive under a Bitcoin Qt User Guide - alfagiuliaforum.com Install Bitcoin-Qt Download blockchain file via Torrent Import blockchain ... Bitcoin QT Wallet. The bitcoin QT wallet, or bitcoin core is the reference client. This wallet is the original wallet, created by the bitcoin core developers. This wallet is designed for use on desktop and laptop computers and stores the private keys in a file on your machine. It has many features, as well as being a wallet is acts as a node on ... Bitcoin-Qt version 0.5.0 was released on 1 November 2011. It introduced a front end that uses the Qt user interface toolkit.  The software previously used Berkeley DB for database management. Developers switched to LevelDB in release 0.8 in order to reduce blockchain synchronization time. Bitcoin QT Wallet. The bitcoin QT wallet, or bitcoin core is the reference client. This wallet is the original wallet, created by the bitcoin core developers. This wallet is designed for use on desktop and laptop computers and stores the private keys in a file on your machine. It has many features, as well as being a wallet is acts as a node on ... Adding it in your wallet configuration file. Now let’s see how to add nodes using both the methods. How to add nodes to a wallet? Before getting in to adding nodes do you know where to find the node list for your wallet? You can usually find the node list on the bitcointalk page of a coin or you can find it in official website listed by the coin developers. Usually it’s a list of IP ... The Bitcoin Core daemon (bitcoind) is not included in the .dmg file you may have downloaded to install Bitcoin-QT. Bitcoind, along with its support binaries, is instead included in the OS X .tar.gz file listed on the official Bitcoin Core download page. To download this file using Terminal, execute the following command: Bitcoin QT Wallet. The bitcoin QT wallet, or bitcoin core is the reference client. This wallet is the original wallet, created by the bitcoin core developers. This wallet is designed for use on desktop and laptop computers and stores the private keys in a file on your machine. It has many features, as well as being a wallet is acts as a node on ... Bitcoin QT Wallet. The bitcoin QT wallet, or bitcoin core is the reference client. This wallet is the original wallet, created by the bitcoin core developers. This wallet is designed for use on desktop and laptop computers and stores the private keys in a file on your machine. It has many features, as well as being a wallet is acts as a node on ...
[index]          
CryptoHopper Backtesting Tool Configuration For Cryptocurrency Trading Bot on the ... How to Setup A MACD CryptoHopper Automated Bitcoin Crypto Trading Bot Strategy BINANCE US Exchange - Duration ... Qt Bitcoin Trader - trading client for Mt.Gox and BTC-e - Duration: 2 ... Обзор Binance BNB - Как Купить Криптовалюту на Бирже Binance - Duration: 23:19 ... It's easy to configure, user-friendly and created by the community. We are always looking for more suggestions, so if you've got some, feel free to visit our forum and chat with us. Bitcoin.Bot ... Téléchargement gratuit de CryptoCurrency Trading Bot: Lien 1: https://nippyshare.com/v/35f829 Lien 2: https://mega.nz/file/8J1WGAIT#IFH356IKVXBt-mXPtL3dZmsqL... HowTo: Automated Crypto Trading Bot - CryptoHopper : Configuration - Duration: 17:38 ... Easy trading BOT Binance Bittrex - Duration: 19:42 . Preview Films 5,105 views. 19:42. TOP 5 Cryptocurrency ... Cryptohopper User Manual eBook: https://goo.gl/ED7aie Use this link to get a 30-day free trial of Cryptohopper: https://goo.gl/v4gxjg Crypto/BTC Shorting Use... Copy & Paste Videos on YouTube and Earn $100 to $300 Per Day - FULL TUTORIAL (Make Money Online) - Duration: 22:51. BIG MARK 384,755 views Here's how you can buy Altcoin in Binance using Bitcoin. You can also read the whole article about it here: https://bitpinas.com/exchanges/binance-trade-bitc... Hey world! I am here today to show you Binance.com and talk a bit about Bitcoin. I am new to this world of crypto but I am eager to learn and share my journey with you. Not only did I sign up for ... Download: https://bit.ly/3blks8F